Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mr. Failure to Thrive Part II: The Saga Continues

We took Reed to the doctor today, so it's time for a little update...

After our doctor's appointment last Tuesday, I talked to Julie from La Leche League. After talking with me for a while, she told me that she thought the birth control I was on had decreased my milk supply. Possibly by half. Recommendation? Switch birth control and work to build up my milk supply. Check.
Reed and I went to St. George for the weekend to have a little vay-cay. While I was there, I supplemented him with formula when I didn't have milk for him--2 to 3 bottles a day. On Thursday, I stole the Fong's idea and weighed him on the Wii fit...
He loved it (not sure why) and the Wii told us he was about 9 1/2 lbs. (Hooray!). On Sunday we decided to weigh him on the package scale at Deseret Book. My mom works there so had keys to get in...

He also loved the package scale. Aparently he likes laying on hard, rectangular surfaces. The scale told us he was about 10 lbs. (Double Hooray!)
And today we went to the doctor for a more accurate reading...
Head: 40.9 cm. (55th percentile)
Length: 22 in. (20th percentile)
Weight: 9 lbs. 13 oz. (5th percentile)
He gained a full pound in one week! Take that, failure to thrive!

8 comments:

Traci said...

That's great news! By the way, I really like your haircut.

m.dahl said...

Hurray Reed for gaining weight and Hurray Megan for being such an awesome mom and doing everything you can to help him!! I am proud of you both. He looks so cute and happy on those scales.

Mike and Hilary said...

I absolutely love the big cheesy grin he is giving you on the Wii Fit! So cute!

jen and michael said...

I am so happy for both of you guys!! we need to hang out with you guys more!

Mandi said...

Reedster looks so cute on the Wii! And funny that he loves being on there! :)

Traci M said...

Hooray! That's great news! I'm glad things are going better.

The Anderson's said...

Cute hair! I totally understand that failure as a mom feeling. Sometimes I think I have skim milk. I had to supplement since the first week of Oscar's birth and now that is all he eats because I pretty much have 0 milk left. I like to think it's from the birth control but I don't know.

Nick & Lynnie said...

Awesome! That's so fabulous. And what an adorable boy!