Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Can't wait...

Last night, I was driving home with my five-year-old niece, my two-year-old nephew, and my screaming baby all in the back seat of the car. My niece and nephew were trying to comfort Reed so he would stop crying. The five year old decided to sing. After Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Popcorn Popping, she started creating her own songs. The best part of these songs was that they were in opera tones. Very beautiful. At one point, I asked her if she had sung any of her songs in Primary. Her response:

"We sang them a lot at my old church. But not very much at my new church. It's still the Jesus church, though." (She was trying to explained that they had moved and had a new ward...not a new church :)

The two year old did his part by saying, "It okay Reed" repeatedly. And I assume he was trying to give extra support through hand-holding because his sister kept saying, "Don't grab his hand!"

Later that night, the two year old saw the frame my mom gave us for our anniversary. His response: "Cute! My love it!"

I cannot wait until Reed is old enough to talk...

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Wow! Sounds like a very fun car ride. :) And it sounds like Hailey was very insightful