Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Exploring

I was folding mountains of laundry today when Reed woke up from a nap. I normally try not to fold laundry and leave him to his own devices, but I was almost done so I figured, "Hey, he's seven months old now. He can look out for himself." I went to rescue him from his crib, then set him on the floor near my laundry with a few toys. He was on his tummy in front of an empty laundry basket, so I decided to put a toy in it to see what he would do. I thought it would entertain him long enough for me to fold. Wrong. After one very short minute, he started making his "mom, why am I laying down when I could be sitting up?" noise. So I helped him onto his bum and went back to my folding. I looked over a minute later and found him back on his tummy, going on a little adventure. See for yourself:

Almost there...

Hey, I got it! (Sorry the coloring of this picture is totally different. Accident/experiment.)

You guys are watching, right?

That was hard work!

3 comments:

L. Bryce said...

Its funny that he can take care of himself but you have to rescue him from his crib. Im not a mother so maybe there is something I am missing there. LOL

Kendra D said...

So fun! What a cute little boy you have. I'm glad I found your blog.

Mandi said...

What a cute kid! I love all the cute things that he does! :)