Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Many Faces of Reed

Distraught (with tired eyes)

In love (with the fan)

Intrigued (do you see the piece of thread he has spied?)

Focused (you better believe he is going to get that thread)

Reed is becoming more fun every day. He is so expressive lately. His smiles are getting bigger and his sad faces are becoming more heart-wrenching. He is becoming more and more attached to mommy and daddy. He is increasingly curious about everything from crumbs on the floor to the fan on the ceiling. He has to find the source of every sound. He can almost crawl (and it's driving him crazy that he can't!). He thinks everything is just hilarious (except for naptime).

I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a sweet, happy, beautiful baby. He makes me feel so much better about myself at times when my self-esteem isn't exactly high. He helps to remind me of what is really important in life when I forget. Being a mom definitely isn't what I thought it would be, but it is also more than I imagined it could be. I have rough times, but overall, I just feel blessed. I love you, Reed.

2 comments:

jen and michael said...

We miss reed. And every day
ethan says "dadadadadadadada." So as you can see, he does too.

Mandi said...

Meg, I miss Reed. I looked at the pics and thought: Thats not what Reed looks like. It is so crazy! But I'm glad he is doing all those wonderful things!