Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Perfect Independence Day

This year we got to go to California for the 4th of July! Every other year of our married lives we have worked at Sizzler on the 4th--which really stinks because no one goes out to eat on the 4th of July. Anyway, the day started off with the annual Hambly Family 5K. I think this is the 6th or 7th year of the 5K. This year, there were 40 people, a motivational speaker, and an awesome breakfast burrito brunch afterward: We all had race markings, of course. (Check out his guns!)
Grandma pushed Reed for us. He slept the whole time!
Post 5K. Phew! It was my first 5K and I ran the whole race--I was so proud of myself :) I have no idea how much time it took me, though. I'm not exactly what you would call fast.
Award ceremony. Reed got the award for "best sleeper."
Daddy and Reed in their 5K shirts.

Next, we headed to the double baptism of these two lovely girls, Kamdyn and Macey. Kamdyn is our niece and Macey is Ryan's second cousin. The beautiful baptism girls. (Macey is on the left, Kamdyn is on the right.)
Reed obviously enjoyed the baptism.

Next we headed to a large field behind the church for a ward BBQ and game night. The field also happens to be the perfect location for firework watching. Reed loves being outside.
What is the 4th without a firework show? And I'll tell you, Simi Valley knows what's up when it comes to fireworks.
This one fell asleep about 5 minutes before the fireworks started. He stirred during the grand finale (it was very loud) but went right back to sleep.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Cute! I can't believe how chubby Reed is getting!! I am glad you enjoyed the 4th. I love the awards for the race...awesome. :)

redstarmama said...

Declan and Greer keep telling me how much they miss Reed. Of course, we all miss him.

I am totally proud of you for your 5K. You did great.

I am totally bummed that I missed Reed's fireworks shirt! Just another in a long line of adorable shirts on an adorable boy.

Mandi said...

Lots of cute Reed pics! Sounds like you had fun. :)