Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Three Years Ago Today...



...I was frantic. My sister's dress didn't fit right. My hair was NOT cooperating (I had decided to do it myself...because??? Bad decision.). My manicure had chipped overnight (apparently it was cheaper than I had thought). It was 112 degrees outside (which was bad, though I didn't yet understand the misery that would bring during pictures). To top it all off, Ryan had just called from the temple to tell me that we had misunderstood the time we were supposed to be there: he was half an hour late, and my ETA about 30 minutes later would put me there an hour late. And they couldn't find our sealer. I sat in the bathroom, bawling. So overall, it was a great start to the day.

My mom helped me pull it together and we rushed to the temple. I saw Ryan right as we walked in and he gave me a big hug. In a rather cliche manner, everything felt better when I saw him. We filled out the necessary paperwork, and I was whisked away to the Bride's Room.

When I finally got to see Ryan again, it was to hold hands as we walked to the room where we would be sealed together for time and all eternity. I was surprised by how many people were there. Finally, the day seemed right. We loved each other. Everyone who came loved us. We were about to be married.

The ceremony was beautiful. I've never felt so completely wrapped up in a moment. And at the end, we were Mr. and Mrs. Hambly, ready to start out lives together.

And now here we are, three years later. More in love. Happier. Together eternally. Happy Anniversary, Ryan. I love you!

8 comments:

The Standrings said...

congrats on three happy years!

redstarmama said...

Holy cow! Has it already been three years? Happy anniversary and here's to thirty times three more!

Nick & Lynnie said...

Oh girl, what a day...but look how amazing things have turned out. I'm so happy that you're so happy! I admire you and Ryan so much. You're just basically awesome people. I love you girl!

Megan said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! It was a hot day.....but so worth it!

jen and michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jen and michael said...

I am glad you guys got married to, otherwise I would not have Ryan in my life...

Chris and Mary said...

Happy Anniversary Hambly's! Congratulations on three years :)

Mandi said...

Aw...how sweet. Congrats Meg! Glad you and Ryan are so happy! I love you guys a ton!!!