Friday, July 17, 2009

Tricky, tricky

Reed started CRAWLING yesterday! So cute. He's not great at it yet--he keeps slipping--but he sure is cute! (Video to come--he is currently refusing to perform for the camera.)


I'm so awesome.

Reed is also starting to outsmart me. I was hoping I would retain the upper hand at least until he could talk, but, alas, it is not to be. Reed has been finding tricky little ways to force me to get him out of his crib when he is in the process of going down for a nap. His favorite, lately, is pooping. Reed will not go to sleep with a messy diaper (I don't blame him). He used to occasionally fill his diaper while trying to fall asleep, requiring me to get him out of his crib, change him, and put him back in his crib--but this is now our routine every time I put him down for a nap! During every nap of the past week, he has pooped while "trying" to fall asleep. I swear he knows what he is doing--saving it up until it's time to sleep. I can see it in the cocky little grin and foot kicks he gives me when I realize he needs a new diaper and lean down to pick him up. The little stinker. (I wish I could say "no pun intended," but I totally planned that.) What am I going to do with this boy?


Bring it.

2 comments:

Megan said...

THat is so funny! It is amazing how smart they are so young and how they figure things out like that. Carter is realizing if he wants a toy that Andrew is playing with he just has to cry...because we USED to think Andrew took the toy from him, but we know better now!

Jackie said...

That kid knows how to fight dirty. (Pun also intended)