Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tag...

What is your current obsession? I have a few rotating obsessions, currently. The first: scrapblog--a free digital scrapbooking website. I'm working on Reed's first year scrapbook. The second: reading. I go through phases of reading. I always read, but when I get too involved in a book it becomes an obsession until I finish it. I try not to let this happen too often because when it does, I tend to neglect other more neccessary items. The third: indexing. Kind of weird, I know, but it is something I find really satisfying.

What do you hate the most that everybody else seems to love? Texting. I am not a fan of text conversations--especially text conversations that last for hours. Just call me. Or come over. I am not against texting quick questions or whatever, but don't try to have a deep conversation with me through text message.

What are you wearing today? My staying at home standby: gaucho pants and a shirt.

What's for dinner? Good question.

What would you eat for your last meal? My homemade favorites--the things I grew up with: my mom's lasagna, sour cream enchiladas, popcorn cake, orange rolls, cheesy potatoes, etc. It would be a very large meal.

What's the last thing you bought? Clothes for Reed from Children's Place. They had their extra 50% off clearance sale!

What are you listening to right now? Reed babbling in his crib. He plays instead of going to sleep.

What do you think of the person that tagged you? Jenn is awesome. She is witty and fun. She has stellar hair. I am still waiting to try her cupcakes, which look ridiculous.

If you could have a house, fully paid for, and totally furnished anywhere in the world, where would it be? I like living close to family. So near one of our families. If I could transport our whole families into furnished houses nearby, I would move us all somewhere on the east coast.

What is one of your hobbies? Do my obsessions not count as my hobbies? If you exclude said obsessions, I would have to say piano. I don't get to play very often because Reed is either sleeping (his room is near the piano room) or in need of attention (now that he can crawl, it's not the best idea to leave him on his own), but it is something I love. I really like to play the piano and sing--but only under special circumstances (e.g. when no one is listening)

What are your favorite smells? Baby lotion (Reed gets a large dose each night before bed), rain, Ryan's soap (Dial for men--it's awesome), clean sheets.

What is your favorite color? Green. As in deep, dark green. But not too dark.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your wardrobe? I have a skirt I bought when I was 16. I loved it for months before I bought it but it was too expensive. When it finally went on sale, the only size left was a 2. Randomly, though, it fit me even though I wasn't even close to being a size 2. Favorite skirt fit me until I was about 5 months pregnant. And it still doesn't fit. It's one of the things I most looking forward to wearing again when I finally lose weight. If that ever happens.

What is your dream job? I would love to work for a magazine.

Describe your personal style. Hmmmm.... I like shirts that have a v-neck. I love skirts. I am not into super trendy clothes because I am not confident enough to wear them (I'll leave that to Beak). I like prints but nothing too crazy. I think I would dress differently if I wasn't so frugal (or such a tightwad--you choose the word). Seriously, I have a hard time spending money; hence, I have a hard time buying clothes for myself.

What are you going to do after this? Try to fix my contact. It's driving me crazy and I would just throw it away, but all my extras are at our new place (where we don't live yet). Then I am going to read Possession until Ryan gets home for lunch.

What inspires you? Other people, mostly. Watching what other people face bravely. Hearing what other people say. Reading what other people write. Then trying to formulate my own thoughts and responses.

Who was the last person you kissed? Reed

What are you currently reading? Possession by A. S. Byatt. This book one I was supposed to read for my Modern British Lit class but never finished (busy semester). Next in the queue: Atonement by Ian McEwan (from the same class--but I actually finished Atonement. This will be a reread) and Catch Me if You Can by Frank Abagnale.

What delighted you most today? Reed woke up early and still looked tired but was having trouble going back down by himself. So I picked him up and lay down with him on the bed. He cuddled with me for a good twenty minutes without ever really falling back asleep. He never cuddles, so it just made me happy to finally have a cuddly baby.

By what criteria do you judge a person? First glance judging is usually based on appearance (I'm a bad person). Then usually by what they do ("Actions speak louder than words," right?)

What is something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t done yet? Traveled abroad. It's coming. One day.

I tag: Michael and Jen Fong, Kim, Lynnie, Ryan, Mindy, Kenna, and Mandi. And anyone else who wants to do it.

The rules:
1. Answer the questions on your blog.
2. Replace one question you dislike with a question of your invention.
3. Tag eight other people

3 comments:

Claudia/Rob said...

I love reading your blog megs! It always makes me smile! :) We should totally hang out sometime! I wanna see your cute Reed in person!! Plus, I'd love to catch up with you! :)

Mandi said...

This was fun to read Meg! Since I am tagged maybe I should join the blogging world again. I've just been so dang busy but I will do this b/c it looks like fun!

redstarmama said...

Thanks for the hair compliment. I try.

Let me know what you think of possession. I've been wanting to try it out because they quote it several times in The Time Traveller's Wife.