Wednesday, November 25, 2009

WLW Week 2

First, let me direct you here to read an amazing talk on thanksgiving (the verb) by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin entitled "Live in Thanksgiving Daily" 

And now, WLW:
How I did this week:
1. Run 3 times/week (3/3--check)
2. Pilates 3 times/week (2/3--fail! I substituted volleyball for Pilates, though)
3. Drink 64 oz. of water a day (6/7 days...mostly check)
4. Cut down on sweets (check)
5. Smaller portions (check)

Progress/Results:
Good question. I wasn't able to go to Biolife today, so no weigh-in. But running is getting easier, which I take as a good sign. And though Pilates is still kicking my bum, it's not as hard of a kick.

Tips/What I learned:
Water=key to success. When I'm good about drinking a lot of water, I'm not nearly as hungry throughout the day. When I'm not hungry, I don't snack as much. And when I drink water at dinner, I eat slower--which allows for two things: first, for me to be able to enjoy the taste of the food more and second, for me to be able to listen to the signals my body is giving me (i.e. "I'm full!).

And because it's almost Thanksgiving:
I'm going to be grateful about this particular "challenge" in my life. So, why is it good that I struggle to lost weight?
1. I have to learn a lot of self-discipline.
2. If I had an easy time losing weight, I probably wouldn't be exercising often or eating well. Exercising and eating right are making me healthier.
3. I'm able to be more empathetic to people in my same situation.
4. I get really pumped when I do finally lose weight. And it means much more than if it came easily.

So there you have it.  Hopefully I will have good news next week :)

No comments: