Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like....

Christmas is my mom's favorite holiday, which is something I think she passed along to me. I love Christmas. I love the smells at Christmastime--hot wassail, fresh toffee, cinnamon, pumpkin spice. I love the lights. I love the decorations. I love that people are nicer (generally) to each other. I love seeing kids' faces on Christmas morning. I love wrapping presents. Christmas really is a great holiday. Needless to say, I am very pumped that it is December and that I finally got to put out Christmas decorations:


Happily, we found another use for the MPR: Christmas tree location. If you can't tell, our 18-inch tree is on top of our table. Perfect. 


We don't have a fireplace, so we hung the stockings by the front door with care.


The chubby Santa is my favorite Christmas decoration. He's hilarious.


We got the two big penguins one year and were very excited to find the baby penguin the next year at a different store. What cuties. And the Santa underneath them is Ryan's favorite Christmas decoration from childhood. It stayed in the front window of our Provo apartment from November-April last year.


This home sign is a multi-tasker when it comes to holidays. I just change the things hanging from it depending on the season.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

When is the last time we had wassail? Me, never.

Mandi said...

Meg, I think we all inherited that from mom! Haha :) I love this time of year so much! Your place is looking cute. You have some way cute decor. Btw I have totally been craving wassail so that is quite funny that you should mention it here!

Megan said...

Ryan, your life is obviously lacking. We are going to have wassail. Soon.

And thanks Mando :)

Anita said...

hello! I´m AnalĂ­a, from Buenos Aires, Argentina, but nowadays i live in Madrid, Spain.
I was taking a look of my blog, and suddenly your blog appeared! and i love it!
you have a beautiful family, and it was a great idea to write about it...
(sorry about my english grammar!)
see u!

Howe Home said...

I love the Christmas decorations! I'm such a slacker--I need to put some up before Christmas is over :)

Brakell and Will Hinsdale said...

hye! where did you get your stockings? i've been trying to find some like look similar to that. I'm sure you made them though!