Monday, October 4, 2010

My favorite part of Ryan's birthday?

That would have to be consuming this cake. In case you can't tell, it is composed of a chocolate chip cookie crust that is filled with layers of fudge, crushed cookies, and four different kinds of ice cream. Yum. This cake is Ryan's traditional birthday cake...and I'm happy to carry on the tradition.

We celebrated Ryan's birthday in between watching General Conference. On Saturday, Ryan got to go to an SUU football game--oh, and he got to watch from the University President's box. Then he came home and watched football on TV for a few more hours with the little one before heading off to priesthood. 
Matching boys watching football.

On Sunday, we watched General Conference with my family and drove up the canyon to see the fall colors in between sessions. The trees were beautiful, the colors amazing. After the second session, we played Mexican Train, consumed aforementioned cake, and watched Ryan open his gifts.
Here is Ryan posing with his new mandolin. He also got a deep fryer. Yes, we are very excited to make sweet potato fries...

6 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my, that cake looks scrumptious!

Chris and Mary said...

That cake looks ridiculously good. Happy Birthday Ryan!

Nick, Lynnie, & Cole said...

I'm super sorry we missed your bday Ryan - we hope you had a blast! (From the looks of that cake, we're guessing you did.)

Mandi said...

Delicious cake! Glad Ryan enjoyed his birthday. :)

Kim said...

oh my gosh that cake is giving me a heart attack just looking at it, though I am pretty sure it would NOT deter me for a second from consuming the whole thing...glad ryan had a happy birthday!

Heather and Spencer said...

Glad Ryan had a great birthday! Too bad I dont live closer to I could pop in for some of those sweet potato fries...enjoy some for me!