Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We're home...

And just look how cute our little family of four is:
 (getting ready to leave the hospital)

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and congratulations! We appreciate all of your support. We are excited to be home. So far (so for all 28 hours of his life), Asher is a really sweet baby. He is very chill and patient, which is amazing. Hopefully he stays that way :) Reed loves his little brother and thinks he is in charge of either holding Asher or deciding who gets to hold Asher. I am doing great. My recovery has been easier than with Reed and I feel quite good, all things considered. When my doctor came to check on me today, he mentioned that since my labor was so fast and I "coped with the pain so well" (haha--ask Ryan's eardrums about that one), we can kind of assume that all future labors will be faster and just as "easy"--so I might not even want an epidural. While I am grateful for an extremely fast labor (apparently I was only in "active labor" for about an hour and a half), I can assure you that I never plan on having a natural labor again. Hopefully I can work that out. Anyway, we are all doing well and we love our new little guy!

5 comments:

Christy said...

I can't believe your home already! I had my baby Thursday morning and stayed til Saturday night. Way to go on the natural birth (like you had a choice, haha) and glad everything went well. Can't wait for your future posts!

miriam said...

way to go you! just so you know, labor without pitocin is so amazingly better. try it for number three. you'll probably yawn and have a baby. way to be a super mom!

Traci M said...

Don't forget to take things easy! I felt so good after having #2, I was up and going and taking my kids to the playground, but after a few days I totally crashed. So make sure to nap whenever possible!

Tricia Jeanne said...

I'm so glad you posted the link to your blog on Facebook! Wow, look at your big family, I can't believe you already have TWO kids! So glad you made it through without an epidural, ouch. What a cute baby!

Kylee said...

Congrats Megan!!! I am so excited for you. And what a champ for going without the epidural. I would have not been as willing to do that, but it looks like you had no options. Good luck with everything!!!