Sunday, November 28, 2010

Birthday Part One

 Reed turns two tomorrow, which is kind of blowing my mind.

We knew that between Thanksgiving and Asher's blessing in California, it would be tricky to find a time near Reed's birthday to celebrate with my family. So we celebrated last Saturday. Reed helped get ready for the party by frosting cupcakes:
At one point, I turned my back to get something. When I came back to the table, I found Reed sampling some frosting off a cupcake and off the spoon I gave him to use to frost. After that, I kept a more watchful eye on him.

Mando helped Reed unwrap his presents. He got hooked up--seriously.

His favorite present of the night turned out to be the one Grandpa Jack picked out...
 

 Handy "Mandi"!!! (A.k.a. Handy Manny to the rest of the world).

 Can you tell he loves it?

 After we ate a delicious dinner--the amazing pork loin and risotto Ryan made (Reed has classy taste)--we celebrated with a few cupcakes and the birthday glasses, of course.

I'm not sure how Ryan got this picture, but it's really cool:

Reed successfully blew out his three candles (two for his age and one to grow on), then made quick work of his cupcake. 

 Happy birthday early, Buddy!

3 comments:

Our Family Est. 2005 said...

Happy #2 Reed! Have a great Birthday!

Jackie said...

2 already?! Happy birthday, handsome!

Mandi said...

Glad we got to celebrate with you! And the picture is pretty cool.