Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Valentines

I asked Reed today if he would be my Valentine. He said, "No Mommy, I Daddy's Valentine."

I'm claiming him anyway, cheesy smile and all.

I'll claim this boy, too.
 (The mysterious hand on Asher's head is Reed's. He LOVES to rub Asher's head. It's pretty cute.)

Tonight for FHE we talked about reasons we love each person in our family. Reed really enjoyed this activity and kept requesting more--so we went for a few members of our extended family, too. Here is what he said:
Why do you love...
Mommy: "Because she really cute and play with Reed." "Because she says, 'Give Asher kiss.'"
Daddy: "Because he says, 'Reed I need a helper.'" "Because he so cute. He says, 'Reed I need a helper. I need food.'" (Just for the record, neither Ryan nor I recall Ryan ever asking Reed for food.)
Asher: "Because he a really good baby and really cute."
Grandma Lexie: "Because she really cute and says, 'Reed I need to eat dinner.'"
Grandpa Jack: "Because he go upstairs and say, 'Reed I need to eat dinner.'"
Grandma Hambly: "Because she so cute and say, "Reed I need to play."
Grandpa Hambly: "Because he say, 'Reed I need to play.'"
Mando: "Because she go upstairs say, 'Reed I need ya.'"
Kay Kay: "Because she go upstairs say, 'Reed I need to eat dinner.'"

(We were eating dinner at the time...perhaps that's where all the dinner comments came from?)

This morning, we wrote all the reasons we talked about on hearts and hung them in our kitchen:


We love our boys and are entertained and amazed by them every day.
Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I love reading about your family home evenings! What an awesome example you are setting for your boys (and me)!

Our Family Est. 2005 said...

Hahaha, that Reed! Feed that boy he sounds hungry ;)

AnnaSchu said...

I nominated you for a blog award Miss Megan! Go here to see: http://rayandannaschu.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-award.html

Mandi said...

Oh my gosh! LOL! I love all of Reed's cute comments. Love that boy!