Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This is getting a little ridiculous.

This is my kitchen:
Generally, the pantry is full of food, there are no baskets of food on the table and chairs, and the chairs are actually grouped around the table. Generally...until ANTS invaded. Grrrrr. So far, I've tried bug spray, vinegar, and a bleach-based cleaner. Just when I think I can reload my pantry, I find more ants in it. Before I realized I had ants, they got into the powdered sugar, the pretzels, the raisins, the half-full bag of sugar (call me an optimist), and the sealed bag of new sugar. Any ideas on getting rid of these ants?

3 comments:

Christy said...

I've only had a problem once with them getting into the pantry (the other 2 times were sugar ants after Haylee's massively loaded frosting birthday cakes) and I used a heavy duty bug spray and sprayed my shelf, but didn't wipe it off. I did make sure it was dry before I loaded it up again. It claimed to be safe, but all food I put in there was in a cut down box or a plastic tote. I've also used plain ol' regular tide powder (no fancy smells or anything in it-must be regular). It is too hard for them to digest and gets rid of them.

However, my mom has done the same thing plus more and she keeps having a problem...

AnnaSchu said...

raid barrier, or flour lines

The Anderson's said...

So I just learned last night that ants hate pepper. Maybe try getting breathable bags and fill them with pepper? Just a thought. If you try it let me know if it actually works... I've never tried it.