Sunday, March 6, 2011

How we roll

Kent, Janelle, Steve, Kayla, and I ran the 52 mile Lake to Lake team relay yesterday. We finished and it was a great experience. I will post pictures later :)


To train for the relay, I was lucky to have a team of helpers:
As part of my training, about once a week I would run with Asher in the jogging stroller and Ryan would follow me, riding his bike and pulling Reed in the bike trailer. (Kind of an annoying pace for him, but he was sweet enough to do it for me.) We kind of made a spectacle, but we had a good time.

 Asher was generally a good sport. He usually fell asleep on the way home.

And Reed loves going for rides, so of course he was good. We usually toke a break midway to stop at the park, too, which is on Reed's list of top 5 favorite things to do.

These boys also made up part of my cheering section during the relay. 

Thanks for helping me get ready, boys!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Looks like fun Meg! And seriously good job. I'm so impressed!

m.dahl said...

That relay sounds fun. After this baby I definitely want to do something to get running again. I loved procession you had going on training. Your boys are too cute.