Monday, May 23, 2011

$5, well-spent

I was out running on Saturday morning and passed a garage sale with two kid-sized quads. When I got home, I had Ryan go to find out the price. He went, saw they were marked $5 a piece, and asked if they worked--the seller's response was "I'll give you both for $5." Sweet! He came back, rounded up $5 in change (they didn't have change for our $20), and headed back with Reed.

We had to let the batteries charge for a few hours, then Reed and Ryan headed out to play:


Reed loved that he could drive it all by himself--he felt like such a big deal.
Can you see his giant smile?


That may have been the best $5 we ever spent...

4 comments:

Christy said...

Whoa! $5 is a killer deal (of course you knew that!)! Way to go!

Mike & Britt said...

Your blog is cute and your boys are adorable! Awesome to see you got to go on a fun cruise! And the links you posted a while back to those sad sad stories made me cry ALL day (: Thanks for that! ...And that is the best 5 bucks ever spent!!

Kendra Goodrich said...

Coolness! My boys would be in heaven if we had one of those.

Mandi said...

That's amazing! He's seriously so happy! FUN!~