Sunday, May 8, 2011

April Firsts and Favorites

 
Sits like a pro (Week of 4/24/11) Asher has been sitting for a few minutes at a time for a few weeks now, but this week he got the hang of sitting without falling! Now I (usually) don't worry that he's going to topple, and he will sit and play for long periods of time. He loves to sit up.

Night without Mommy (4/22/11) And he really didn't even care--not nearly as much as I did, at least.

Tooth! (4/17/11) First tooth finally popped through Asher's gum, and it looks like the second is close behind. (The bottom right tooth was the first...)

Tries to eat his own feet (4/3/11) They do look tasty.

Sits unsupported for short periods of time (4/3/11) Asher is learning the art of balancing. His record is two minutes.


I just told Reed and Asher goodbye (Ryan and I are going on a week-long cruise) and started crying (surprise, surprise). Reed said, "Be happy, Mommy." What a sweetheart. (4/22/11)
I was on the computer today when Reed asked me if he could have a turn (he likes to push the letters on the keyboard and watch them appear in a blank Word document). I told him I needed the computer, but maybe he could later. His response: "But Mommy, I need to do something really important." (4/8/11)
(While eating dinner)
Reed: "Asher, I like your blue eyes."
Me: "That's nice, Reed."
Reed: "Yeah, I'm nice to brother." (4/2/11)
Today, Reed told me he drew a candy cane. I looked--and it really looked like a candy cane! It was shaped just like it should be. (4/1/11)

No comments: