Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm surprised, too.

I finished another project! I know, I know. Quite exciting. I was perusing etsy one day when I found this popsicle matching game for sale. I thought, "I could make that." Now, there's something you should know about me: I am an instruction follower. I don't make up my own recipes, I don't make up my own patterns, I don't make up my own rules to games. So it was kind of a stretch for me to make a project sans pattern.


Luckily, I already had all the supplies I needed--felt, popsicle sticks, and paint--or I'm not sure the project really would have happened. I made mine a little different from the original and was quite happy with how it turned out. (Yeah, it's a little embarrassing that I am so proud of making a popsicle-shaped pocket out of felt.)

Then I decided to get a little crazy and write the color names on the back of the sticks--that way, when Reed learns to read the game will be even cooler.


You don't have to tell me how amazing I am--I already know.

Then I decided to get really crazy and make my own pouch to hold the popsicles. The original game didn't even have a pouch. In other words, I came up with one of my first creative, original ideas that didn't involve writing a research paper.


And, voila! A popsicle color matching game:

The best part? Reed actually likes it and wants to play with it all the time. Score!

3 comments:

Phil and Nicole Finley said...

This turned out WAY cute!! Way to go! I want to go make some for Carter now!! :)

Christy said...

Way to go you crafty lass!

Mandi said...

Incredible! Totally impressed b/c it is seriously stinkin cute!