Thursday, May 26, 2011

A whole lot of cute, a whole lot of Hambly.

Two weeks ago (I'm a bit behind in blogging), we got to go to California to see almost all of our Hambly cousins. The only three missing were the Hamblys who live in Malaysia. And, though not all of them were exactly happy to be in the picture, all of the Hambly grandkids are quite cute:
 10 of the 13. Notice how most of the oldest kids are girls? Ryan and I are doing our part to even out the boy-girl ratio.

We had so much fun. We went to the park, ate a lot, and basically took over (and by "took over" I mean "wreaked havoc upon") Grandma and Grandpa's house. Reed's cousins are so good to let him tag along and play with them. He has been talking about them nonstop since we left. During the drive home, he asked, "Do we get to see cousins today?" When I told him we weren't going to see them, he started crying and said, "I want them because I love them."

 Sneaky Peyton popped into the picture at the last second :)

 A little movie time.

 Declan and Reed racing cars. Reed kept pushing the start level prematurely. Luckily, Declan is patient!

 The night of the Bulls game, the kids took over the adult table and the adults watched the game during dinner. I don't think the kids minded.
 Reed and Maura watching Tangled together.

On our way home, we decided to make a pit stop at Calico Ghost Town. We have seen the signs for Calico about one million times, but have never stopped before. Parts of it were interesting, but it seemed mostly like a collection of old-timey stores. At least now we know!
 It was really, really windy.

 A house made entirely of glass bottles cemented together. Seems like that would take a long time.

Reed and the glass house. 

 This doll is really creepy, right?

 Old mining/living equipment.

5 comments:

Kendra Goodrich said...

What a fun trip! I wish we had cousins around here (and more of them to boot). I bet your boys had a blast. And I've been to Calico, it's been forever, I forgot about the bottle house.

Mandi said...

I didn't realize that you had gone down to Cali. That house is pretty cool. But yes the doll totally creeps me out. Glad it's a doll...before I read the caption I was super scared!

redstarmama said...

Yes, that doll is freaky.

Also, are you guys going down to Simi for Zoe's baptism? I have a craving to hear your boys laugh together!

Megan said...

We are! We're excited to see you guys again :)

Audrey Spence said...

I haven't been to Calico in like almost 20 years! So glad its still there! I need to stop sometime on my way to/from Cali. So fun!