Monday, June 27, 2011

Adventures in Couponing: On my way to extreme?

$5.19 total! 81% savings! Woohoo!

I'm kind of addicted to the show Extreme Couponing on TLC. I mean, seriously--90% savings on groceries? Yes, please. I started subscribing to Sunday only Newspaper about a month ago but was too nervous to actually start using the coupons (yep, I'm a geek). Anyway, I went to a free coupon class last week (Thanks Dixie Coupon Chick!!) and today went on my first ever coupon trip. Just a small one, but a coupon trip nonetheless. Hooray!

(By the way, I could have saved $0.50 more if I'd doubled the right coupon. Oops!)

5 comments:

Courtney B said...

You are awesome!! I started getting just the sunday paper 2 months ago and I was REALLY good about it the first month but this past month I have slacked BIG time!! I need to get back into it! It's SO nice to save the money!

The Yergensen's said...

Way to go Megan! I love saving money!!! Good for you! "Go Extreme or Go Home!"

kayla said...

Look at you! I won't be surprised when I see you on TLC!

ashley said...

OH MY GOSH! I totally went to that coupon class too with the dixie coupon chick! I haven't bought a paper yet because I'm too scared to coupon, I don't know what I'm doing! We should shop together so you can show me your deals :)

Megan said...

Ashley--YES. We need to!