Saturday, July 16, 2011

Adventures in Couponing: It worked!

I was so pumped to use my rain check that I went back to Smith's the next day. The night before, though, I got prepared; a new ad had come out that would go into effect the next morning. When the morning came, I went to the store, boys in tow and coupon binder in hand.

Here's how it went down: perfectly. I was kind of nervous because I was using a lot of coupons, but they all went through and I got all the deals I went in for! Reed and Asher rode in a grocery car cart together and munched on cereal and were, in a word, amazing. At the end of my trip, I had spent a total of $29.57 (retail value $91.98) and got 10 boxes of cereal (they're all the same kind...long story), 8 bottles of Kraft salad dressing, 7 boxes of toothpaste, 4 liters of soda, 2 pounds of ground beef, 1 package of Craisins... 


...and 1 star-shaped doughnut:

While I was getting the groceries lined up for the picture above, Reed told me, "Mommy, that is a great line." (He loves to line things up, too.) When he finished his doughnut, he wanted a turn. After lining the dressings up, he said, "Where is my Buzz-Woody camera?" and proceeded to take a picture of his line after I found his camera for him. My little protege:  

3 comments:

Our Family Est. 2005 said...

That's great! I need you to give me a lesson! We would have come home with the star Donut too :)

Mandi said...

That's amazing! I need to learn how to coupon. And Reed...oh how cute!

Nick, Lynnie, & Cole said...

ok, so when can i get that lesson from you? Seems like getting the paper has been worth it...??