Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy birthday, Ryan!

Ryan had a birthday (shout hooray)! His real present was a trip to Illinois with his siblings to visit his brother...but we couldn't leave him completely empty-handed on his actual birthday:

The boys had quite a fun time decorating a special cup and bowl for Daddy. The red lines on the cup are all Asher's--he kept making lines and I would spin the cup as he went. We make a great team.

I asked the boys if they wanted to write a little note for Daddy on the cup. Reed decided on this: "I love you Daddy! I know it's your birthday and I love you!" while Asher went for the more classic "Love you Daddy-o!"


The bowl was Reed's pièce de résistance. He spent a lot of time carefully coloring it to make it perfect for Ryan.


He even made a few tiny pictures of himself and Asher...

...and, of course, the birthday boy.

Ryan's birthday would not be complete without a delicious meal of Aunt Pat's Casserole (my first time making this Hambly classic was a success) and his signature birthday dessert: ice cream pie. We have this dessert every year on Ryan's birthday--that's seven years straight since we've been married--and it never disappoints.

In case you can't tell, Asher enjoyed Daddy's choice of dessert:

As did Reed, but with much less mess:

Happy birthday, Ryan! We love you so much and are so grateful for all you do for us.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! Sorry I had to miss the celebration and that yummy cake. :( Glad that Asher thoroughly enjoyed it lol!!

kayla said...

I am sooo sad I missed out on that dang cake!! I think I look forward to Ryan's birthday more than my own.