Friday, March 8, 2013

A Name and a Blessing


On Sunday (3/3/13), we blessed Lila at church. (If you'd like a little more information about baby blessings, go here.) The blessing was beautiful and we were grateful to have so many family members there. Lila wore the blessing dress I wore when I was blessed as a baby and, thankfully, didn't cry at all during the blessing (though someone else may have. I'll let you guess who.)

Far left: my dad and me on my blessing day; Center: me on my blessing day; Right: Lila, wearing my blessing dress.

The night before the blessing, we had all these Hambly grandkids over for a cousin sleepover. The sleepover was loud and a little crazy, but fun.  Reed was in heaven--he loves his cousins so much.


The rest of the Hambly crew:

We don't go to church until 2:00, so we had a family lunch before the blessing. The luncheon made Ryan and  I feel like real adults--it's the first time we've hosted so many people in our own home. And in true Hambly fashion, the food did not disappoint. (I can  say that because I didn't make it--Ryan did.)

The Rolfes:

And quite a successful picture of the Hambly five:

Reeder and I did a mini photo shoot with Lila. Asher got bored quickly and wandered off to play, but Reed stayed for every last picture. Here are my favorites of our beautiful girl:




Reed thought she would like to hold his shamrock.  He was right:

Little miss couldn't keep her eyes off Reeder--she loves her brothers!


3 comments:

Nick, Lynnie, & Cole said...

the pictures turned out really cute!

kayla said...

I am so sad I couldn't be there but so happy I could live vicariously through this post. Lila is so beautiful and I am in love with her already! I am especially in love with the very last picture of her and Reeder. So precious.

Mandi Rolfe said...

I'm so glad I got to be there! The Rolfe pic is pretty great with my crazy fly-away skirt haha :) Love the photo shoot pics. So precious. My fave is the very last one with Lila and Reed staring into each other's eyes. So sweet! Love ya girl. :)