Friday, March 15, 2013

Pinterest Challenge Week 2: Lasagna Soup


Ryan and I are on yet another quest to eat lighter and to lose weight. I feel like we do this a lot. Anyway, because of our goal to lose weight, I've been trying to make dinner at least five nights a week. I've gotten a little tired of our go-to light recipes, so I've been trying recipes that have been pinned to my Savory Pinterest Board for ages. I tried this recipe for Lasagna Soup this week. (That is an inordinate amount of links for such a short paragraph. I'm kind of impressed with myself.)

Perhaps I shouldn't have started this post by claiming to eat lighter because there is certainly nothing "light" about this soup. At all. But at least I made dinner, right? I found the soup to be tasty, but not amazing as rumor had it on Pinterest. Ryan enjoyed the soup more than I did, which is surprising because he's usually a tougher critic than I am. He might have just been being nice, though, because I had a day that day, if you know what I mean. The soup was hearty and I really enjoyed the ricotta mixture in it. I'm not sure I would take a bite of it and say, "Wow, it's like eating lasagna in soup form," but there were certainly many of the same flavor profiles. (I learned the phrase "flavor profiles" from Food Network. I hope I'm using it correctly.) And, though I wouldn't say it was my favorite recipe, ever, the soup was definitely good enough to add to our "make again" list of recipes. 

And guess what? I made it through two entire weeks of my goal. There is hope after all!

1 comment:

Mandi Rolfe said...

Looks yummy. I think I need to try it.