Friday, March 22, 2013

Pinterest Challenge Week 3: Making My Feet Less Gross

I did not inherit good foot genes. From my dad I inherited the awkward second toe gene, in which my second toe is longer than my big toe. Other members of my family (who will not be named, you're welcome) have second toes that are do long the toes look fingers and make holes in socks. I also inherited really dry foot skin that is prone to calluses (tmi, yes. Just be glad I didn't include pictures).

I finally decided to do something about it. After perusing pinterest, I found a few suggestions--yes, I'd heard them before, but a reminder is always good--and got started. First, I spent a few days slathering my feet in lotion, then putting on cotton socks. If you know me, you know this was difficult--I am so not a fan of socks. But I took one for the team. Next, I found this nifty little tool at Wal-Mart when I was searching for a pumice stone:



Dr. Scholl's Exfoliating Stone File, formed specifically for heels. Perfect. After soaking my feet, I went to town. Then I repeated the lotion sock combo.

Long story short: one week later, my feet look so much better. So much. Like I might not even be embarrassed to wear flip flops now. I realize this isn't a one and done fix--I'll have to keep doing it for my entire life, likely--but I'm glad to have a go-to solution for my dry feet!

3 comments:

kayla said...

Got to love bad foot genes! I'm definitely trying this when I get home. Unfortunately there is no cure for freakishly long toes :(

Mandi Rolfe said...

I too have all of those wonderful foot issues. I'm always looking for good foot solutions. I will have to try the foot thing that you found. But I found a "sock" solution because I absolutely CAN NOT wear socks to bed. Pinterst told me to cut the socks so that they only have the heels. So you put the lotion on or coconut oil works even better for me and then put the "heel socks" over it. Then your feet can still breathe!

Mandi Rolfe said...

http://campwander.blogspot.com/2012/04/diy-solutions-for-darn-dry-heels.html

link to the blog that talks about the "heel socks"