Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Monthly Asher: 29

One of my favorite things that Asher says is, "We not know!" He says it in the cutest little voice and usually in response to his own questions without even pausing for someone else to answer him. For example, he'll say, "Where's my bee ball? We not know!"

Cozied up with his stuff, watching Phineas and Ferb.

Asher gets super excited about a lot of things. If you ask him if he wants to do something he's excited about or tell him we're going to do something fun, he does this crazy high pitched laugh and starts dancing around.

Asher has started to hit and to bite (but only to Reed, not to other kids or adults), and I'm not really sure why. We're working on it--hopefully we'll figure it out soon.

Any time Asher sees a camera pointed in his direction, he turns and cheeses. Then his eyes disappear.

Asher has started doing school with us and he loves it. He now asks if we can so "cool" several times throughout the day. And he surprises me with what he already knows all the time--I think I forget how big he really is because I've got Reed, too, who seems so much bigger than Ashie.

Race track on the stairs.

Asher LOVES the show Phineas and Ferb. One of my favorite things ever is Asher trying to say "Doofenshmirtz" (the villain on the show) and listening to Asher sing along with the title sequence.

He was very, very excited to see the cars go down.

Asher loves books. Any time I'm feeding Lila (which is a lot!), Asher grabs a book and brings it to me, then asks me to read it to him. His favorites right now are King Bidgood's in the Bathtub and any Arthur book. He has King Bidgood mostly memorized.

Ashie LOVES tape measures.

Ashie can take himself potty, including turning on the water and washing his hands. If he needs to sit down he does need help getting onto the potty. He can also put his underwear and shorts on by himself.

Asher loves music--everything from Postal Service and Lost Lander to primary songs and nursery songs. He knows the words to a lot of songs and likes to sing along.

 He's such a goofball.

If Asher is mad at Reed or trying to instruct Reed to do something, Asher calls Reed "little boy." As in, "No little boy! You need to give me that!"

Asher loves to help change Lila's diaper. I generally change her right after I feed her, so he waits and the second I'm done he says, "Let's change her bum bum now!" He grabs a diaper and a wipe, then tries to pull off Lila's pants and undo Lila's onesie unsuccessfully. Once I undo her, he undoes the straps on her diaper. And when we're done, he asks me to "count him" (time him) while he runs to throw it away.

2 comments:

Brooke & Skyler said...

That cheesy picture of Asher on the couch is adorable. Such a cute little grin!

Mandi Rolfe said...

Love this cute boy. He looks so grown up in the pic with the red shirt on. I love the cheese pic on the couch, adorable. I hope he stops the biting soon!