Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Monthly Lila: 7

On Reed's and Asher's seven month post, I posted a video of them cracking up. In both videos, I suctioned a cup to my face, let it fall off, suctioned....repeat. I tried the same thing with Lila and she didn't care at all! She was so bored she didn't even pay attention after a few tries. Girls. Anyway, I wanted a video of her laughing, too, so I settled for something that always gets her: tickles. Enjoy:


Is it just me, or does she suddenly look way more grown up!?
Here is the obligatory, "I can't believe she's so big and growing so fast and will she ever stop and oh my goodness where did my baby go" sentence. (But really, where did my baby go?)

Daddy + Lila
LJ is officially a proficient sitter--as in so proficient that I don't put pillows behind her any more, hooray. She doesn't fall over due to lack of balance anymore, which is great. She does fall over on occasion because she wants to. If she sees a toy out of reach, she kind of guides herself into sideways fall so she can get the toy. She has become so proficient at this move that she gives herself a very gentle landing.

Ready to swim!
Lila loves water. This love for water, coupled with her ability to sit and her recent growth spurt (making her too big for the baby tub) have led to baths in the big tub. Oh my, is she ever happy about taking a bath in the big tub. She splashes, squeals, and has an-all around fantastic time.

Always chewing on something.
Lila has become quite good at navigating and actually planning her rolls. She used to mainly roll to her tummy and stay there. Now she will roll tummy-back-tummy-etc. to move herself around to get to toys. She can also scoot in a complete circle (as in her tummy is her pivot point and she rotates 360*). She still sleeps on her belly, which is the cutest thing, ever. (Really.)

Super Doll
So far, Lila has not made any huge forays into the world of crawling--but she doesn't seem to mind yet. Is it just me, or do babies not crawl until they're mad that they can't crawl? Anyway, she has started reaching realllllly far when she's sitting up if she wants to grab a toy. This reach will often cause her little bum off the ground and, more often than not, will send her briefly onto her hands and knees and finally onto her belly. When she is on her belly, reaching for a toy, she tries to dig her toes into the ground to give herself some leverage, but doesn't usually move very far. I'm not pushing her to learn to crawl, because then I know I'm in for a world of craziness! We had a crawling friend over recently and I realized that thought I thought I was "mostly" baby-proofed, I'm nowhere near there. Soon :)

Daddy smooches are her fave.
Lila has started to babble actual consonants (rather than just squeals and coos). She says, "ma ma ma" (awwwwwwwwww. Yes, I know she's not saying "mama" but it's STILL cute.), "boof," and "buh buh buh." The boys are particularly excited about Lila saying, "buh buh" because they are sure she's saying Bubba on purpose--which is Asher's name for Reed. (Asher learned to say "buh buh" when he was trying to say "brother." He has called Reed "Bubba" ever since.)

Reeeeeach!
When Lila is really excited, she squeals. OMGsh it's cute. She also kicks her legs and waves her arms. When I'm holding her on my hip and she's excited, she tries to kick her legs, but ends up just squeezing her legs together--so her body scoots up and down. It's kind of hilarious, and I smile every time she does it.

She's gotten pretty good at holding on to things.
LJ has four teeth (all on the bottom). I was so sure she was going to get her top two teeth first, but they still haven't come through, haha. She wears size 6-12 months clothes and size 2 diapers. She takes 3 naps a day (first nap about 2.5 hours, second 1.5 hours, and last 1 hour) and sleeps from 7 pm-7 am (usually). She eats rice cereal mixed with fruit or veggies 3 times a day and nurses 4-5 times a day for about 10 minutes each time. She has started to eat cheerios and bread and LOVES them. She finally figured out how to not only grab food, but then to get said food into her mouth, hooray.

Cheer-i-ohhhhh.
Lila is the worst church napper. She is great in her bed, but outside of her bed she just refuses to sleep. At church, I generally fight her for 30-40 min to fall asleep--and she wakes up 15-20 minutes later. Last week I decided to just not try at all. She was fine the first almost two hours, then got grumpy--but as soon as I fed her she was all smiles again. Crazy girl. She is also pretty bad at sleeping in the car. At least she will sleep in her bed!

Yum.
Lila is such a joy to be around and we are so grateful she is a part of our family!

One of my favorite dresses.

1 comment:

Mandi Rolfe said...

Love love love that pretty girl so much! She really has just all of a sudden grown up! Wow! PS...completely in love with her pink sparkly shoes. :)