Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Monthly Lila: 8


I use the same bowls every time I feed Lila (IKEA, in case you're curious). When she sees me walking her way with a bowl--even if she's not in her highchair yet--she gets SO excited because she knows what's inside. If I don't immediately give her the contents of the bowl, though, she gets a little upset! This habit can be problematic when the bowl doesn't actually contain food for her, but, rather, a snack for the boys.


Lila has started scooting/army crawling (as of 8/30/13)! She has gotten very proficient at the army crawl and can get pretty much anywhere she wants to. She can even crawl over obstacles, such as my leg. She seems to be drawn to me--anytime I am sitting on the floor (and I spend a surprising amount of time on the floor, apparently), Lila feels the need to use me as a jungle gym. She has been getting up onto all fours for a few weeks now, too, and yesterday took one little crawl forward before going down to her belly.

Isn't interested in a pile of toys on the ground. Is interested in the same toys if they're inside a box.
Once Lila learned to scoot, she quickly learned to find the kitchen, which is where I usually am if I'm not in her line of vision. The other day I was making dinner and glanced toward the other room. I saw cute Lila's face peeking around the corner at me! Now I can count on her scooting in any time I'm in the kitchen.

LJ loves these little foam discs from one of the boys' toys.
She'll even carry it in her mouth while she finds other things to play with.
Another of Lila's favorite places to scoot are through the exersaucer and through the coffee table. Our coffee table has a small shelf-like thing that connects the four legs and sits about 6 inches off the ground. Lila can get up and over the shelf easily and does so often!

We set up an air mattress in the living room. Lila was pretty pleased with herself when she figured out how to crawl off the air mattress to the underside of the coffee table.
Lila has started making "kissing noises" and, if you respond with your own kissing noise, she'll make the noise back in forth in a little kissing conversation. When she started this trick, she had to initiate the conversation--if you made the noise to her first, she couldn't quite figure out how to make the noise back. But now, if you make a kissing noise to her, she'll almost always respond with a kiss of her own!

Never one to be left out...
I mentioned that Lila uses me as a crawling jungle gym. When she's not busy crawling all over me, she uses me as a climbing wall to help her to stand. If we are sitting facing each other and I offer her my hands, she'll immediately grab my hands and stand up. If I don't give her my hands, she'll grab my shirt, my arm, my face, or whatever is nearest to her and use that to stand up. She has also learned to go from her belly (crawling) to kneeling and from sitting to all fours!
Loved by her brothers. Loves her brothers.
Lila started hitting two objects together on 9/11/13. She finds herself pretty hilarious.

Pretty girl!
One night, we went to Red Rock for a family picnic. Asher had a sippy cup of water, which Lila decided to steal. At first, she just choked on the water (she doesn't take a bottle so she was pretty surprised when liquid came out of the cup). But she soon figured it out and was quite happy with her discovery.

Why she loves the camera--the strap.
Lila loves the tub and gets very excited when she knows it's bath time. One night, I took her in the bathroom, got her undressed, and put her in the tub--and she started squealing before I even added any water!

Crawling through the coffee table. Notice the socks? Asher always thinks Lila's feet are cold and insists on getting socks for her.
Lila's third nap was starting to get a little sketchy, and Reed's drop-off time for school was right during Lila's first nap--so, at the beginning of September, she dropped from three naps to two naps. The transition has been amazing. Luckily, Lila is not really a fussy baby (knock on wood), so even though she was tired the first few nights (she had a longer waketime before bed for the night), she was still in good spirits. Currently, our schedule goes something like this: 7:30 a.m. wake, nurse, solids. 9:30 a.m., take Reed to school (Tues/Thurs). 9:35 a.m. nap. 11:45 a.m. wake, nurse, solids. 2:00 p.m. Nap. 4:00 p.m., wake and nurse. 6:15 p.m. Solids, then bath, nurse, and in bed by 7 p.m.

Standing practice.
Crawling over Mommy's legs, trying to steal books.

2 comments:

Nick, Lynnie, & Cole said...

I can't believe how big she's getting! What a cutie

Nick, Lynnie, & Cole said...

and I loved all of your funny stories about Asher. Your kids are all so grown up. I need to see them!