Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sick Days {Again}

Ashie Bee got the flu shot as part of his three-year well-child check and goodness did he have a  rough time with it. He ran a high fever, had a belly ache, and was just exhausted. He ended up in our bed around 4 a.m. two nights in a row because he just felt so yucky. (If I'm being completely honest, I felt badly that he felt so sick but I loved the cuddles.) Lila also got a flu shot, but since hers is divided in two doses, she only had one afternoon of grumpiness, thankfully.

Two days after Ashie got his shot, I randomly had flu symptoms. How did this happen? No one knows. Thankfully, Ashie had just gotten a huge extended pack for our Thomas track for his birthday--so after I put Lila for a nap, we built a HUGE Thomas setup, then I laid on the floor.


And my sweet Reeder? He brought me pillows and blankets--without being asked--then told me, "Mommy, I'll cuddle with you since you feel sick." I know, right?


No comments: