Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Monthly Lila: 10

So I have approximately 74 pictures for this post. I'm only kind of kidding. At least she's cute!
She was so determined to figure this track out. She was also mid-cough.

Sweet victory.
This month started with Lila's worst sleep to date. Seriously, it was bad. She was sick right after her well-child appointment (ironically enough) and, once she got feeling better, her sleep went from awesome to horrible. She would play/cry/then scream for 20-30 minutes, then I'd go rock her, then she'd cry for another 20 minutes, finally fall asleep--and wake up 40 minutes later. It was a nightmare. I thought she needed less waketime, but that backfired horribly. I finally realized she needed more waketime and boosted her waketime from 2 hours to 2 hours 20 minutes. And, miracle of miracles, she started sleeping fantastically again. HALLELUJAH. Because she has to nap while Reed is at school, I try to ensure she's up by 7:15 on school days so she is ready for a nap right when we get home from dropping him off--otherwise she's still asleep when it's time to pick him up. She takes two naps during the day (2 hours for the first and about 1.5 for the second) and goes to bed at 7 p.m.

This girl is an lover of food.
Apparently she's also a lover of shoes. 
Surprisingly enough, I am still nursing Lila. After my experiences with the boys, I did not think I'd ever nurse a baby this long--but she's still going strong. I nurse her four times a day (when she wakes in the morning, after each nap, and at bedtime). After I nurse her, I feed her solids. We started the month doing mostly oatmeal cereal and purees with a little bit of finger foods. Now we are doing mostly finger foods and just a little bit of oatmeal (usually at breakfast). And does this girl love to eat! I have not yet found a food she doesn't like. She especially loves chicken and peas. And she is extremely impatient about her food. Once she is in her high chair, she expects food immediately--otherwise grab your earplugs!

Reed is constantly going up behind Lila and grabbing her in a hug. Sometimes he gets his legs around her, too, and tells me he's got her in the Cobra Clutchie.
Sometimes Asher joins the party.

And then this happens.
Lila has finally started real crawling! She has been capable for a long time but still preferred her bobbing drag and scoot. One day we were at a park that has the spongy ground and she did not like the texture, so she started crawling on her hands and knees. She hasn't looked back since.

Girlfriend loves to stand.
She doesn't fall asleep anywhere beside her bed. So on the random occasion she does, I have to document it.
Lila loves her brothers. If she and I are ever upstairs and they aren't with us, she immediately starts crawling toward their room, trying to find them! It is ridiculously cute. I think "buh buh" (one of her babbles) might sometimes mean "brother" or "Bubba" (Reed). So far, though, the only word I'm truly sure she uses is "mama."

Just crawling through a tunnel.
Out to dinner with Dad.
Lila appears to be following the boys' growth patterns. Size 9-12 pants fit her pretty well. Size 12 months pants are ridiculously long on her (she is only 10 months after all). But 9-12 months shirts? The sleeves are already too short on her. She is definitely into 12 months tops. She is still wearing size 2 diapers, mostly because they are a better deal and still fit on her without leaking! She could wear threes but we will stick with twos as long as we can!

Getting so good at balancing!
Hey there!
Lila hasn't had a new tooth for a while now, but it looks like she is about to get two more on the top! I can see them but not quite feel them. Hopefully they will get through soon, because they are giving her runny nose and grumpy grief!

Her first time crawling up the stairs!
Loves the tub!
Lila started crawling up the stairs this month! She showed zero interest in the stairs for a long time. She didn't even look at them. Then one day I was in the bathroom and came out to find her four steps up! I was so surprised. She turned around, so I made the boys run up the stairs above her to get her attention so I could take a picture. I'm a great mom :) Anyway, since her stair discovery the stairs are her favorite place to be. She likes to hang out on the bottom few steps. We've been trying to teach her to go down the stairs so we don't have to worry as much and she's made progress but doesn't really have the hang of it yet.

Cheeser.
At Lila's nine-month well-child she was low on iron. I've started giving her iron drops and have started taking an iron supplement for myself, too. We will re-test at her 12-month well-child and hopefully her iron levels will be normal. If not, we will have to do further testing to see what the issue is.

Asleep in the car--shocking!

A few times, Lila has been up for a LONG time before we drop Reed off for school. If she wakes up for the day early, she kind of just has to deal with it--I can't put her for a nap before school or she will get a lame, super short nap. Usually she just stays awake and is pretty cool about it. But a few times she has fallen asleep in the car. She is SO cute! She won't stay asleep in her chair, but if I take her out and put her in her bed she will wake up but go right back to sleep. She is such a good baby!

1 comment:

Mandi Rolfe said...

Love Miss Lila!! I'm amazed at how much she's growing. What a cute big girl! I love all the girly things you put her in: pink sparkly shoes, super cute purple ruffly shirt, etc. Love that baby girl!