Friday, January 10, 2014

The Grassy Place

I've found that the best way to stave off a serious case of the grumps (for the kids and myself) is to take a walk. I push Lila in the stroller and both boys hop on their bikes and we take off. Sometimes, we walk along a path near our house that leads to huge pipes the boys like to check out. But our favorite place is The Grassy Place--a grassy area two neighborhoods down. (The boys refer to it exclusively as The Grassy Place.) It's a quick trip by bike, and there is plenty of room for us to spread out a blanket for Lila and to kick a ball or practice hitting a ball with a baseball bat. The boys also like to run laps around the grass while I time them. By the time we are ready to walk home, the boys have gotten plenty of wiggles out and it's usually time for dinner. And we are de-grumped.

"Mom, take a picture of me! This is really funny!"
Asher's cool trick.
"Mom, we look so cute!"
Thug-life doll.

1 comment:

Mandi Rolfe said...

Until I saw the pic of Lila, I was wondering where the grass was lol. Sounds like the perfect way to get a few wiggles out!! :)