Saturday, April 19, 2014

You've Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray! {4 months late!}

I was going through pictures on my phone and found these pictures from my birthday. When I realized that I'd never posted them, I thought it would be worthwhile to do a {very} belated birthday post.

I don't have a lot of expectations for my birthday. I have a December birthday, but my mom did a lot to make sure I had a special day that didn't get overshadowed by Christmas. But I've never been a "birthday person"--I really don't make a big deal about my birthday, especially now that I have kids. I was actually pretty excited for my birthday this year, though, because we had a babysitter and were going to go to a magic show we'd got a Groupon for.


Lila had other plans. She woke up not in the best of spirits, and by late afternoon she was running a fever and coughing. I wasn't sure exactly what was wrong, but I didn't want to leave her with our friends, who have a baby, and get their baby sick. And I didn't want to leave her when she was feeling yucky, either. So instead of date night, we had family date night.

We went to a quick dinner, then got poor Lila home to bed.


When Lila was in bed, the boys sang "Happy Birthday" and we ate my favorite treat: snickerdoodle blondies, yum. My candle was a "3" because I am a mere 3 years away from 30! We put the boys to bed, then Ryan and I watched a movie together.

I know Ryan felt kind of bad because our night didn't go exactly as planned. But, honestly? The night was great nonetheless. I would have loved a date night out--but I loved a date night out with my little family, too. Being a mom is so much a part of who I am that it only seemed fitting that I spent my birthday being a mom, too.

No comments: