Monday, September 29, 2014

The Giving Tiger

One day the doorbell rang at 7:00 p.m., which was a surprise in itself. The even bigger surprise came, though, when we opened the door and found this guy:

Yes, The Giving Tiger. A generous tiger who likes to share treats with neighbors. When I first opened the door, I was a little taken aback; I thought an animal of some kind was really perched on our doorstep. I was quite relieved to find that the tiger is not real, though he is huge--as big as Asher--and heavy! 

The boys were mostly excited about the treats. And about the prospect of ding dong ditching a tiger on someone's doorstep. They immediately landed on the next recipient (they are lucky to have best buddies who are also brothers), and we kept the tiger around for a few days until Ryan could help us drop him off.

Lila loved the tiger; every time she saw him she'd say "die-duh!" (tiger!) and point. I think she was kind of disappointed to see him go!



No comments: