Saturday, November 1, 2014

On the Driveway

We don't have much of a backyard to speak of (though with our teeter totter, fire pit, and free pool it is much improved), so sometimes when the weather is particularly nice we hang out on the driveway instead. Our hang out spot may be a little weird, but it's the perfect location to watch the airplanes and to wait for Daddy if it's close to his getting home time. (On this particular day, we were in the middle of fall busy season so it was not anywhere near Daddy's getting home time.)

The sky was overcast, which called for pictures on the big camera. Here is the most successful group shot I got:

And here is the least successful:

Apparently Lila got a bop. By the way, lately, when she gets a minor injury, she fake cries, holds up the injury for me to inspect, and trots off happily after I kiss it and tell her it's all better.

Asher has a hard time not making a face in pictures.

Airplane!!!!! One of fifty we saw that day.

And even though planes pass overhead every few minutes, they get excited about each one. And if a helicopter comes? Their whole week is made.

Did you see that airplane?!




See? Again with the faces.

Then Ashie thought it would be fun to dance with Lila on the driveway.

Lila didn't agree.

She was super sad for a minute.

Until she was totally fine. These photos are time-stamped one minute apart. No joke.

I asked Reed to look at me and smile so I could take his picture. Here's what he did instead. I can't believe it only took him 5.75 years to tire of my picture taking.

Then he shot me with his k'nex laser gun.

And Lila searched the cup holder in my chair, looking for something.

At least she'll smile for pictures.


3 comments:

Mandi Rolfe said...

Such cute pictures! I love the Lila open-mouthed pictures. So cute!!

Ashleigh Cramer said...

I really like your kids. I wish mine could play with yours every day!

AnnaSchu said...

This is the most fun candid post! Sweet babies!