Monday, March 16, 2015

More Saturday Goodness: Bowling

On one of Ryan's first working Saturdays, I made the kids a deal: if we spent time working hard and got a lot of stuff done in the morning, we could just play and party with Daddy when he got home. My deal worked. We FINALLY cleaned out the dreaded "secret hideout," our under-the-stairs toy closet. I should have taken a before picture, but I didn't--so you'll just have to believe me when I tell you that it was awful! You really could not even walk through the closet.  We found a new home for some things, got rid of some things, and were left with this:

I'd be lying if I told you it were still that clean, but it is at least cleaner than it started. And, because we don't have nearly as many toys in the closet now, the mess doesn't pile up like it did before. Hurrah. We also cleaned the kids' rooms and closets, my room, and the downstairs main living area. So we did indeed get a lot done. Ryan wasn't home yet, so we decided to enjoy the nice weather and draw some chalk!

Lila really loves coloring and chalk is one of her favorite mediums. She was super, super dirty when we were done because she kept laying down on her belly to color. Everyone had fun, though!


When Ryan got home, we decided to take the kids bowling! They haven't been since Reed was 3.5 and Asher 1.5. We need to start going more often because they had the best time, ever. After every single ball he threw, Asher did this awesome jump/dance in place while he waited for his ball to reach the pins. The dance was quite involved because his ball took quite a long time to make it's way down the lane! Watch the video of his dance below. You won't regret it.


Lila was on my team and loved, loved, loved pushing the ball. As soon as the ball left her hands, she'd say, "More, more!" without even waiting to see what happened to the first ball, ha. She was a pretty good sport about waiting her turn, but that was only because there were fun chairs to climb up and down off, over and over and over again.


Asher:

And Lila:

And Reed:

The bowling alley was in Summerlin, not far from the house of my childhood--so we made a little side trip to the house and took stalker photos. My house is the middle white house:


Then we went to the park that sits between the elementary school and middle school I attended. Memory lane, my friends. This park may or may not have been the source of Lila's allergic reaction that landed us in the hospital the next day...just saying...


After a quick stop at Smith's for the essentials (allergy medicine, 10 pounds of cheese, 18 bottles of Mountain Dew, ice cream, cookies, nuts, and chocolate syrup) (I'm not joking) (I usually buy healthier food, I promise), we went home and had dinner and ice cream sundaes. We put the kids to bed, then Ryan and I fell asleep to our BFF, Jimmy Fallon.

No comments: