We decided to take one day in the middle of our trip to rest and play in Grand Junction. This stop was the end of the trip for Lynnie and Nick, and we were so glad they had spent the first part of our trip with us!
Here is a list of what we did in Grand Junction, in no particular order:
1. The little boys each took a turn sitting on Ryan's lap and "helping" mow the lawn on the ride-on mower.
2. Ryan and Lynnie both got dental work done! The need for a dental follow-up was originally what spurred the trip idea. We knew we needed to be in Grand Junction and decided to travel there creatively!
3. A trip to Spin City! It's a huge building that has laser tag, bowling, arcade games, and a huge jungle gym area. We spent our time in the jungle gym.
4. A mid-trip car clean out. You would be shocked and probably a little bit disgusted by how much garbage we cleaned out of our car! We gathered the kids' toys that were now scattered all over the car and returned the toys to the kids' "self bags," a bag of activities they fill to use in the car. We rounded up all the dirty socks that had been shoved into hiking shoes, then fallen out in the back. We did a few loads of laundry so we'd have some clean clothes for the rest of our trip. I don't even want to think about what our car would have looked like when we got home if not for this cleanup!
5. Game night. Once we put the kids to bed, the adults settled in for a rousing game of Boh-nanza! Ryan and I both really enjoy games and we all had a fun time regular talking and trash talking.
6. Lila's sleep reign of terror. Lila was an AWFUL sleeper for our entire trip--both the St. George part and the road trip part. The night in Grand Junction was her worst yet! She didn't end up really falling asleep until 11:30 ish, and was in our bed the whole night. She was up at about 6:30 a.m. Yikes!
7. Secret missions. The little boys were all over the house getting into all sorts of hijinks.
8. Match match. Lila and Maliya accidentally wore matching outfits during the day and purposely wore matching pajamas (sewn by Grandma Lexie) for bed. They were so excited to match that when they gave each other a hug they fell onto the ground! hahaha.