Friday, June 24, 2016

A Random Memory

I may have written about this before, but in case I didn't...

When Lila was tin, she was not a great sleeper. She had a really hard time going to sleep, then staying asleep. Then one day, I had swaddled her up and was about to rock her when one of the boys needed something--so I tucked her in the crook of one arm, walked to help, helped one handed, then looked down at Lila to see her fast asleep. After that, every time she was ready for a nap, I'd swaddle her before I walked up the stairs. I carried her cradled in one arm because she was so tiny and because she seemed to like the extra motion. By the time I was at the top of the stairs, she was generally asleep and, if not, I could walk down the hall and back to her room and she'd be out.

No comments: