Friday, September 9, 2016

Post Office Thoughts

Lila and I went to the post office today. We usually go out to the tiny Blue Diamond Post Office, where the Post Master is super friendly and where the line is non-existent. But, we were running errands by the Russell Post Office and I knew we could just use the automated kiosk, so we decided to brave it. We were in and out in about 10 minutes. Being at that post office reminded me both of my favorite memory there and of my least favorite memory there. So, of course, I decided that I most definitely need to record my post office memories.

Least favorite:
When we moved in to our Vegas house, the previous owner had not left a mail key for us. I tried calling the post office to see what documentation I needed to bring in to get a key, but despite multiple attempts on various days, they literally never picked up the phone. So I packed up my four year old, two year old, and two week old and went to the post office. The line was insane and literally took 45 minutes to get through. And when I finally got to the front of the line, I found out I didn't have the documentation I needed. Uggggghhhhh. I called my title company to get the right papers and found out the papers I needed were sitting in my mailbox. Haha. Thankfully, they emailed me a copy. I went back to the post office the next morning before they even opened and still had to wait in line for 30 minutes. After I turned in all my stuff, I found out I needed to come back in 10 days to get my key. More groans. When I made my third and final trip and came away with my key, I decided that I would wait and go to the post office in St. George whenever we were there so I never had to go to this one again. Then I found out about the Blue Diamond Post Office and all was well.

Favorite:
After the Russell Post Office installed the automated kiosk, we'd go there if we happened to be in the area but usually opted for the Blue Diamond Post Office. Anyway, one day we had been running errands and were driving to the Russell Post Office when Asher told me he had to go to the bathroom. AND IT WAS AN EMERGENCY. We were about 5 minutes away from the post office and there were literally no other businesses around. We walked into the post office to find they had no bathroom. So we rushed back to the car. We found an empty water bottle in the car and Asher proceeded to pee in the bottle. Turns out that peeing in a bottle was an ideal solution--until I worried it was going to overflow! He literally filled 3/4 of that water bottle with pee. He wasn't joking when he said he had to go potty!

No comments: