Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Pineapple Girl

On Monday, we saw Mrs. Cantwell's son Ryder in the library. He came over to me and whispered in my ear, "My mom got Lila a pineapple purse as a surprise since she knows how much Lila loves pineapples!" On Tuesday after school, Mrs. Cantwell told me that there was a special surprise in Lila's backpack to thank her for being such a good helper in class all year long. As soon as we got in the car, Lila ripped her backpack off her back and told me to look inside. And there was the pineapple purse.

Lila was jazzed. As soon as we got home, she changed in to her pineapple dress and pineapple earrings (the very things that prompted Mrs. Cantwell's pineapple choice). After lunch, we found things to go in her purse: a wallet, gum, lifesavers, a toy phone, a notebook, and pencils. She kept asking me, "Mommy, what ELSE do people have in purses?" Then we emptied the "fun" section of her bank and went to the store. Lila wanted to go to "all the good deal stores"--especially the 99 cent only store. She looked at EVERYTHING and finally settled on a water squirter and an Anna and Elsa brush from the 99 cent only store and a pineapple water bottle and a treasure box and bird house to paint from Wal-Mart. My favorite part of our trip was how she'd ask me, "Mom, if you had money would YOU buy this?" as part of her decision making process.

When we got home it was time for quiet time--but apparently our shopping trip wore the pineapple girl out because she fell asleep right on her floor.





No comments: